Liz Wiseman (@LizWiseman) spoke with pending graduates of Stanford at the DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series (@ECorner). I wish there had been more time for Q&A at the end (but, really, we always want more time). But once you meet nine year old Zia, the talk takes off.
- Just have fewer diminishing moments and string together a lot more multiplier moments.
- When your people are struggling, it’s irresponsible not to help. But you have to remember to hand the pen back.
- The best leaders not only give people a pat on the back, they give them a push into operating in the unknown.
- As we move into a leadership role, nothing is more important than being able to ask the right questions.
- Maintain your rookie smarts.
PPS: I got an overwhelming reminder of the role of Search (as opposed to the role of Execute) in customer development and business model generation — expertly explained by Steve Blank (@sgblank).